Kodi Add-Ons have created a huge difference in the viewer’s choice of watching TV shows, Movies, Sports and much more things.
It has made the life easy to access the TV content on a computer. Kodi supports Android, Windows, IOS. One can watch ‘streamed movies’ with diversified effect and can find the improved way of approach in terms of ‘Kodi’.
On the whole, by streaming various digital content like TV shows, Movies, etc, ‘Kodi’ is regarded to be the best open-source application and is available for free.
Know about Roku
Amidst all this, there is a well-renowned streaming free device for TV named ‘Roku’. ‘Roku’ focuses on the streaming of TV content through ‘Roku’s’ internet set up an account. It is regarded to be less in cost and effective as well. It is also the best streaming stick for smart TV. ‘Roku’ can be controlled with a remote control device which is provided with the Roku’s set-up box or with the IOS or Android device.
Jailbreak Roku to install Kodi
‘Roku’ being one of the best in streaming TV with no cost, getting Kodi on Roku would not be a difficult task. Many free channels are offered by Roku, from where the Movies and TV shows are streamed. Roku is a source where you can find Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, sling, crackle, Roku, direct Tv and so on and so forth.
There is no official Kodi app available for Roku. If you are looking to jailbreak Roku, you will not be able to do so as the ‘Roku devices’ are customized with the OS named ‘Roku OS’.The OS is based on C+ and hence, it is very hard to modify it. Again, it would be unable to install unapproved applications.
Apart from all these, if one wants to jailbreak Roku, it is still not a big deal!
Kodi is a free open source media player developed by XMBC Foundation. Kodi plays and streams, video and music files, mp3, mp4 etc similar to that of windows media player.
The jailbreak of Roku is done for the necessity of installing Kodi on Roku. This is because Kodi has a lot of add-ons. Also, you can switch over to Kodi without uninstalling or removing the ‘Roku stick’.
On the other hand, ‘Kodi’ is regarded to be the most flexible software, which means this can be used with any devices, such as Smartphone, TV or PC.
The direct usage of Kodi on Roku is, of course, a mere challenge, however, it’s a way of approach that would make it much easier to use Roku on Kodi as Kodi being a simple application, can be modified accordingly for the use on Roku.
Roku accesses 3500 channels and provides high-end quality of media content.
How to use Kodi on Roku
The HDMI cable is the best choice for you to stream the android device on Roku. It is very easy to use Kodi with this cable. You could set this with the ‘setting required’ and thereby use Kodi on Roku.
Roku is advisable for the smart TV users and also for those who watch on Netflix and Hulu; you can get a lot of shortcut buttons as well with Roku.
The compatible Roku devices which can be used for streaming and which uses Miracast protocol are – Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Premier / Premier +, Roku Ultra, Roku TV. If you are using Roku, then use the WiFi network.
Let us see some of the steps involved in the using Kodi on Roku
Mirror your device and reproduce the screen of your mobile opposite your TV screen. In order to enable screen mirroring from the Roku device, Roku OS will be enabled automatically and there is no need for you to do much as this will take care.
On Google Play store, Kodi is available and you can install it as mentioned below.
- First, go to Google Play Store from your smartphone or on a tablet
- Then enter ‘Kodi’ on the upper search bar. Once you get the logo of Kodi-select and continue
- Now Select ‘Install’
- Give access to ‘Kodi’ to Device & app history and also to Photos/Media/Files so as to continue, so you press ‘Accept’.
- Now the ‘Kodi’ will start downloading and since it is 90 megabytes, it might take a while to download.
- Now you are ready to access Kodi from your app tray, or your home screen. Finally, you are ready to screen mirroring
Again going through the steps for screen mirroring in detail:
- First, you have to open the Roku Stick Home Page and go to Settings. Here click on ‘system’. Specifically, use the Roku OS 7.6.
- The second step would be to move or scroll down and go to Screen Mirroring.
- Then you can enable Screen Mirroring Option.
- The fourth step would be to go to the Settings on Android Phone, where you can find options which are varied as per the Android version of the screen. It would be either, Wireless Display, Miracast, Mirroring, or Cast. You can also use the third-party application so as to cast the screen.
- Once you find the Screen Mirroring option, open it.
- This will enable the automatic search for Roku. You need to make sure that Roku is updated with the new version and the devices are connected to the same Wifi.
- Once it automatically ‘mirrors’ your screen, you can install Kodi 17.6 after which you can open it on Android, play the programme and mirror it to Roku.
Installing Roku on PC (Windows)
- Go to start menu
- Next, in the search bar type ‘device setting’
- Now, you click on ‘Add device’ option seen on the screen
- From the streaming device, you need to choose, ‘Roku3’
- The screen will appear in the purple colour that can be seen on the ‘Roku Stick’ or ‘Roku 3’
- First, you select ‘Select Devices’ or ‘Control Panel’
- Then Choose Project
- Now select ‘Add a Wireless Display’ and Choose ‘Roku’ when it appears
- Lastly, Run Kodi in order to start streaming
Install Kodi on Different Devices
You can also install Kodi on different-different devices. Here are complete guides
It is believed that Roku works better with smart TVs. Again one of the factors responsible to jailbreak ‘Roku’ is basically because, you can watch your favourite stuff, especially movies or TV shows for free on Roku. The Kodi addons is a bonus. This is why the system of jailbreak of Roku is in demand and searched by an ample number of people.